My Dream Cabinet: let Malawians debate add comments please
When God answers prayers, many forgot it is him that has done so. Many opportunists have appeared on the scene now, each claiming to love Joyce Banda than her foot soldiers in the Peoples Party. The foot soldiers include her Sisters Cecilia and Anjimile, the bodyguards who gave their lives, the boys and girls who included that mad cook friend of mine, Ruth Govati and her husband Tim, the many staff that despite the fear, threats and intimidation stood with her.
I am talking of the foot soldiers Khumbo Kachali, Mary Makungwa, Clement Stambuli, Salim Bagus, Kizito Ngwembe, that Ntchisi based Campaign Director, Lawrence Mpofu, Mai Basikolo, Che Msosa, Steven Mwenye, Henry Chibwana, Chivunde, Agnes Nkusa Nkhoma, that Regional Director of Women Central, Jane Banda.
I am talking of people like Paul Maulidi and others who travelled the road when it was rough, when nobody liked it and when people feared their jobs. I am talking of those women and youth who danced and protected Joyce Banda as she travelled.
The question is what does she do with such people. I suggest she keep most of them, loyal and dedicated to strengthen the party. Some of them deserve higher positions as they share the vision and dream of everybody.
Last time I suggested a Cabinet before Bingu called, I was called and threatened. It is in my habit to speculate but the final decision rests with the President.
But I suggest that for some critical positions including the Cabinet, my dream Cabinet would be:
- H.E the State President: Mrs. Joyce Banda
- Vice President and Minister of Irrigation and Water Development: Rt. Honourable Khumbo Kachali
- Second Vice President and Minister of Agriculture and Food Security: Rt. Hon John Z. U. Tembo M.P
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Hon Atupele Muluzi M.P
- Minister of Information: Moses Kunkuyu M.P
- Minister of Transport and Public Works: Hon. Clement Stambuli
- Minister of Justice: Hon. Henry Phoya M.P
- Minister of Finance: Hon. Goodall Gondwe M.P
- Minister of Health: Hon. Dorothy Ngoma
- Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Dr.Ken Lipenga M.P
- Minister of Labour: Hon. Lifred Nawena M.P
- Minister of Local Government and Rural Development: Hon. Uladi Mussa M.P
- Ministers of Home Affairs: Hon. Henry Chibwana
- Minister of Trade and Private Sector Development: Hon. George Mnesa M.P
- Minister of Energy, Mining and Environment: Hon. Ibrahim Matola M.P
- Minister of Gender and Child Affairs: Hon. Grace Maseko M.P
- Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Planning: Hon.Ephraim Mganda Chiume M.P
- Minister of Tourism and Wildlife: Hon. Anita Kalinde M.P
- Minister of Youth, Sports and Culture: Hon. Jennifer Chilunga M.P
- Office of the President: Hon. Cecilia Kumpukwe
- Agriculture: Hon. Vitus Dzoole Mwale M.P
- Finance: Hon. Ralph Jooma M.P
- Health: Hon. Clement Chiwaya M.P
- Foreign Affairs: Hon.Nick Masebo M.P
- Local Government: Hon. Chiku Hiwa M.P
- Transport: Hon. Khwauli Msiska M.P
- Youth: Hon. Alekeni Menyani M.P
- Gender: Hon. Jean Sendeza M.P
Presidential Press Secretary: Mr. Thom Chiumia
State House Press Officer: Ms. Ruth Govati.
Women: Clara Makungwa
Gender: Ettinor Koloviko
Youth: Lawrence Mpofu
Youth 2: Chivunde
Political Affairs: Salim Bagus
Political Affairs: Kizito Ngwembe
Religious: Malani Ntonga
Social: Agness Nkusankhoma
This list is subject to debate, a reason why other Cabinet Ministers cannot make it again will be posted by tomorrow!