BUDGET HIGHLIGHTS WHAT AFFECTS ORDINARY MALAWIAN
1. Civil Servants get 21 percent increment
2. Pay as You Earn Tax adjusted: K15,000- zero percent, K5000 - 15 percent, above that 30 percent. In simple calculation your first K20,000 you only pay K750 tax.
3. When you travel outside and buy things, you only pay duty if your goods are worth over K150,000.00 for non commercial purposes
4. Value Added Taxes on the Following things removed: Bread, Newspapers, Financial Services Charges, Water equipment.
5. No Duty on Kaunjika
6. Tax on sachets and plastic bottled alcohol increased on 250 percent.